‘Every Nigerian Has Right To Safety ’, Says Tinubu, Pledges Tougher Security
President Bola Tinubu has reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to ending insecurity in the country, insisting that no Nigerian should be made to live in fear.
Tinubu, who cancelled his scheduled trip to the G20 Summit in South Africa to personally coordinate national security efforts amid recent abductions, described safety as a fundamental right of every citizen.
In a statement posted on his official X handle, on Sunday, the President stressed that his government would not relent in confronting criminality in any part of the country.
“Let me be clear: I will not relent. Every Nigerian, in every state, has the right to safety — and under my watch, we will secure this nation and protect our people,” he said.
The President announced that all 38 worshippers abducted in Eruku, Kwara State, had been rescued, while 51 students earlier kidnapped from a Catholic school in Niger State had also regained freedom.
“Thanks to the efforts of our security forces over the last few days, all the 38 worshippers abducted in Eruku, Kwara State have been rescued. I am equally happy that 51 out of the missing students of the Catholic School in Niger State have been recovered,” he stated.
Tinubu added that he had been receiving continuous updates from the frontline and monitoring the situation nationwide “closely and consistently.”
His remarks come at a time when Nigerians are demanding firmer, faster government action to curb rising cases of kidnappings and armed attacks across the country.

