SITEMIX

Jonathan Safe, Departs Guinea-Bissau – FG

Kazeem Tunde
1 Min Read
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan speaks to the media on the situation in Chibok and the success of the World Economic Forum in Abuja May 9, 2014. Jonathan said on Friday he believes 200 schoolgirls abducted by Islamist insurgents last month are still in his country and have not been moved to Cameroon. REUTERS/Afolabi Sotunde (NIGERIA - Tags: POLITICS CIVIL UNREST CRIME LAW BUSINESS)

Jonathan Safe, Departs Guinea-Bissau – FG

 

Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is safe and has left Guinea-Bissau following recent political developments in the West African nation.

The spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kimiebi Ebienfa, made this known in an interview with journalists in Abuja. He noted that Jonathan departed the country aboard a special flight.

According to Ebenfa, the former president left alongside members of his delegation, including senior diplomat Ibn Chambas.

“Former President Jonathan is very safe and out of Guinea-Bissau,” he said. “He left with a special flight with members of his delegation including Ibn Chambas.”

Jonathan had been in Guinea-Bissau on a regional assignment before the situation prompted his early departure.

 

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Leave a comment
The Glitters Online